Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snow Tubing at Perfect North
Where: Perfect North Slopes Lawrenceburg, Indiana
When: Wed. February 27th from 4-9:30pm
Who: All Ages but only one person per tube!
Cost: $15.00 per person (Minimum number for this
price is 15 people)
Waivers: Everyone must have a tubing waiver.
Get yours at http://perfectnorth.com/tubing_groups.php scroll down to download and print.


This is a blast! And we are getting a great deal. It’s usually $15.00 for 2 hours but we are getting 5 and ½ hours for $15.00! You pay me there because to get that great rate we have to pay as a group. We’re asking everyone to try to arrive no later than 3:45pm so we can collect the money and waivers, pay and get on the tubing slopes as close to 4pm as possible. You are welcome to bring your own food. They have a heated tent with picnic tables, outlets for anyone wanting to have hot food and/or drinks, and a concession stand for those who choose to buy. I recommend dressing for snow tubing weather. Don’t forget your coats, hats, gloves, snow boots, snow pants and anything else you may want or need.


Directions from their web site:
Perfect North Slopes is located in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. From I-275 take the US 50 Exit 16, follow ski area signs north on Indiana Route 1 to ski area entrance. Or http:// perfectnorth.com/directions.php



As always this is probably our absolute favorite Feb. fieldtrip. The weather was perfect, in the low 30s and the place was absolutely deserted! In years past there have using been other groups there, but we were the only one, you couldn't have asked for more of a bang for your $15.


The boys (Grant, Chris, Jacob and Cade) formulated a plan to snowtube IN THEIR SWIMSUITS and when Will saw them, he decided he wanted to be part of the fun (they put their swimsuits on at home under their snowclothes). I don't know whether I should be proud or embarassed by their antics! It was so sweet, the following morning, Will came out of the bedroom and said "thank you for letting me snowtube in my swimsuit", I guess even at 3 he realized that it wasn't something most moms would allow. And I can't even blame this one on their dad, after all it was my father who was a "polar bear" and went for a dip in the Ohio river with his dive buddies one New Year's Day...so it is in their blood! I honestly could see me dad looking down from heaven and ribbing the guy next to him saying "yep, those are my grandsons!".



I was excited this year that I got to snowtube since I wasn't pregnant or didn't have a newborn in tow. Lucky for me, Luke stayed home and spent some quality time with his dad! The kids were the first ones to hit the hills shortly after 4 PM and we were the last people off shortly before 9:30!

Can't wait for next year!

No comments: