Saturday, April 24, 2010

Apple Computer Store Garageband Field Trip















Where: Apple Store Kenwood Mall
When; Friday April 23 10 AM to 11:30 AM
Who: Students grade 4-8th grade
Cost: FREE!
RSVP: Laura (Yes, that's me!)

When you RSVP, please include your student's name and their t-shirt size, as each participant receives a free t-shirt. Please arrive on time so that we can start the program promptly at 10 AM.

Apple Computer store offers free fieldtrips once a year and I managed to secure a spot. The kids worked on a music project called "garageband". We participated in this fieldtrip opportunity last year as well (although last year we did a movie making project) and Grant has dubbed this his favorite fieldtrip of the year! The staff at the store is amazing and the kids jump right in and start working on the project. The staff even commented on how confident the kids were (oh, I guess he didn't see the piece on Good Morning America where my kids are supposed to be backwards social misfits!). I plan to upload the music the kids composed to the computer soon, as soon as I figure out how to do it since Luke broke the cd/dvd drive! If I remember, I will share it! All of the tween/young teen girls somehow managed to disappear BEFORE we took the picture, gee, I wonder why?






No comments: