Thursday, November 13, 2003

Today is my birthday. I have been reflecting on what makes this birthday different than previous birthdays. This is the first "even" numbered birthday that I have celebrated since I was 21 years old that I haven't been pregnant. This is the first birthday in 13 years that I haven't been nursing a baby (thanks to my wonderful 16 months old refusing to nurse). Perhaps this birthday is the mark of me moving from the "having babies" phase of my life to the "raising chilren" phase. My oldest is now a teenage, just 5 days into his teenage journey, but I know it is going to be an exciting one.

The basement is still leaking, I am so sick of water. I am trying to not be depressed about "things" that are ruined by the water, but it is hard. We have foundation people coming out next Monday, hopefully they will be able to shed some light on this dismal situation.

No comments: