Thursday, July 12, 2007

GERMAN PIZZA ROLLS (recipe from Sandra)

I made these tonight for dinner and they were a huge hit. Grant LOVED them!

8 oz Ham
8 oz hard salami
1 can sliced mushrooms (I omitted these)
8 oz (2 cups) shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
heavy whipping cream (pint container)
salt, pepper, oregano and paprika (I omitted salt, since I find ham salty)
6 - 10 Kaiser rolls

cut everything (but rolls) into small pieces (I used kitchen scissors) and mix everything up in a bowl. Cut Kaiserrolls (like for a sandwich) and put the mixer on it. Preheat the oven to 350F and leave the rolls in there for about 15 min till cheese is golden.



SPINACH STRAWBERRY SALAD (recipe from Lisa)

I made this to go with the pizza rolls. Everyone ate it and Emily LOVED it!

12 ozs. fresh spinach leaves
1 qt. fresh strawberries (sliced)
2 tsp. sesame seeds (or seed/nuts of choice, I used sunflower seeds)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. grated onion (I omitted this as Luke seems to react to onion)
1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. paprika

Wash and drain spinach, then squeeze dry between layers of paper towels, tear into bite-size pieces (or not)
Toss together spinach, strawberries, and sesame seeds (or seed/nut of choice) in a large bowl; set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together oil, sugar, vinegar, onion, worcestershire sauce, and paprika.
Pour prepared dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Serve immediately.

No comments: