Sunday, January 10, 2010

Penguin Parade

The other day I received an email from the Cincinnati Zoo that said: "Come to the Zoo and watch our penguins parade daily at 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.! Now through February 28." OK, I HATE birds, but penguins have always had a special place in my heart, I remember spending hours at the zoo as a kid with my younger brother, just waiting by their tank and HOPING that they would jump in the water (they never seemed to). I couldn't believe that I would have the opportunity to stand just feet from these majestic creatures! I wrangled my friend Nancy into joining me! Below are the pictures I took, not the greatest, but it certainly captured a memory I will hold onto forever! Turned out that I got even closer than I ever thought I would, just inches from them, I could have touched them if I hadn't been so busy taking pictures. Now that I know the route and where to stand, I plan to take the kids down to watch the penguin parade! Luke loves watching the video and looking at my pictures, I can't wait to see how he reacts to seeing them in person!

Here is the youtube video that the zoo made:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've never met me, but I have a lot of questions about homeschooling I was hoping to ask you. I was googling some of my questions and I found your blog. Would you be willing to contact me at jarrettolivia@yahoo.com Thank you.

Becky said...

Laura,
Do you have to be invited via email for this or can you just show up to watch? If it is open to all, could you let us in on your secrets as to where to get the best view of the penquins?
Oh, and have a great get away with the family!

Becky