Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tori Update:

They ran tons of tests on her and finally decided Thursday afternoon when she was less than 24 hr old that they needed to do exploratory surgery. Got in there and took out 30 cm of her bowel (approximately 1/3) but were able to reconnect it so she didn't need a colostomy, but we have to wait a week for her to be fed to see if it holds and doesn't leak. I still can't process from talking to them how close we were to losing her from it and that they don't think the problem occurred all that long ago (maybe 5 days ago) that things went that wrong that quickly. She weighed 4 lb 15 oz Thursday night after surgery.

No comments: