Friday, January 13, 2006

So grown up!

When I look at Sophie I still see her as a toddler. But today during a visit to Boonshoft Museum in Dayton it was revealed to me just how grown up she is.

The kids had all scattered to play in the exhibits. Sophie had followed Emily and Grant and I sat and mingled with some of the moms, talking about nothing and everything at the same time. Suddenly, over the speaker an announcement was made. "Sophia would like Laura to meet her at the front desk". Emily and Grant came running up to me saying they couldn't find Sophie but that they thought she was at the front desk. They scurried off to claim her as I followed. Sophie was standing there waiting for us with her hands on her hips. The woman asked how old she was and I responded "three". She then told me that Sophie had come up to the desk and got her attention and said "My name is Sophia and I am lost. My mom's name is LAR-LA." She said she didn't even cry or anything!

I can't believe that my 3 year old is that capable of taking care of herself! I half joked that Brett at 15 wouldn't have even paged me, he would have just sat down and "pouted" and waited for me to show up (OK probably not, but he took my ribbing well!).

I told Sophie over and over again how proud I was of her! OK so your thinking none of this would have happened if I had just kept better track of her and you are probably right, but it is good to know she is slightly self reliant...well at least in a three year old way!

No comments: