Friday, April 14, 2006

Jacob is 8!

Jacob turned 8 today! I felt so bad, we didn't get to go out with our friends for lunch because I was stuck down at the hospital taking my dad to have some test run. Jacob always seems to be the kid that things don't go right for. He always ends up on the sports team with the mediocre coach (or worse yet a loud mouthed redneck), the one who plans always get put on hold for, the kid who's birthday lunch get cancelled!

He took it well! We went out to dinner. He opened his presents (a gameboy game, some wrestling guys and a wiffle ball bat) and the money his two grandmas sent him is burning a hole in his pocket!

Jacob was my longest labor, just over 36 hours. I was so tired by the time it came to push, he really delivered himself, I had no energy left. I had tested group B strep positive when pregnant with him and although they treated me with IV antibiotics, he looked septic when he was born. They rushed him to the intensive care unit and hooked him up to IV antibiotics and ran blood tests. The lab they sent the bloodwork to caught fire that night (see what I mean about Jacob's luck???). He spent 3 days on antibiotics before they decided that most likely didn't have group B strep.

Happy Birthday Jacob!

2 comments:

hestiahomeschool said...

He is such a good kid, too. I always like to look at his eyes and those eyelashes. He is really going to be a heart breaker when he grows up!

I miss you all so much. I am back to hardly drving since I need to have surgery again (sigh) I am trying to wait until after we get back from Colorado next months since I do not want to screw up our vacation.They want to treat me with some drugs beforehand anyway.

I heard wonderful things about the egghunt.

i wish you all had moved CLOSER to me instead of farther away!

love, Kas

Laura Riesenberg said...

It's only 12 minutes further away! And we are so much happier! Hopefully you will be more mobile soon! What kind of drugs are they treating you with? You all will be leaving soon on your grand adventure out west won't you? How many weeks are you planning on being gone?