Monday, April 06, 2009

Last night my photo class had a potluck gathering to celebrate (or bemoan) the departure of our fellow classmate Fredrik who is returning to his native Sweden in less than two weeks. We all brought a dish to share and I took my cheesy potatoes. Everyone asked for the recipe and I thought I would post it here as well since it is such a quick dish to prepare and take to those summer cookouts.

Here is the recipe...of course I removed ALL the calories from it before bringing it anywhere!

1 bag of frozen hash brown/diced potatoes
16 oz velvetta cheese (I buy the large package and use 1/2 of it)
2 cups mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
onion (I didn't add last night and usually use those dried/minced onions in a pinch, your guess is as good as mine!)

Melt velvetta in the microwave...I usually go about 3 minutes, stir it and then go another 2 minutes. Once it is melted, stir in the mayonnaise and add the potatoes, salt and pepper (and onions if using them). Spread the mixture into a 9x13 pan, cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes and then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes to lightly brown the top.

No comments: