Saturday, October 03, 2009

Some AWESOME apple recipes:

We went apple picking the other day, a tradition for the final week in September. One of the mom shared some WONDERFUL recipes, I took the time to make 2 of them this morning so I thought I would share them here.

No Peel Apple Cake
4 cups chopped unpeeled apples
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda

Mix all and pour into a 9 x 13 greased pan. (will be a thick consistancy). Sprinkle top with additional small amount of sugar and nuts if desired. Bake at 350 ro 45-50 minutes. This is even better after it sits a day.


MY NOTE: I didn't have any applesauce and made my own by cooking some chopped apples in the microwave for about 6 minutes with a little water and then pureeing them in the food processer. I also think that next time I will add nuts (walnuts probably) to the mix and sugar to the top!


Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings
3 granny smith (or other) apples---I didn't peel mine
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter!!!!!------NOTE: I only used 1 stick when I made this!
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can mountain dew---I just used 3/4 of a cup since I didn't have a can

Cut apples into slices. ( I do not peel, PW does.) Roll 2-3 apple slices in a crescent roll. Place finished roll ups in 9x13 greased pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over crescent rolls. Pur Mt. Dew arount the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla icecream. This recipe is Crazy!!


MY NOTE: UNBELIEVABLE! This was the most awesome apple dessert I have ever had. I am wondering if 7-Up might not work just as well, I think I may try it next time. I didn't grease the pan and they didn't stick at all, could have just been dumb luck!

No comments: