Saturday, February 18, 2006

Are the Fates conspiring against me?

We woke up this morning to SNOW and according to the tv traffic is at a standstill....so how does this impact someone who typically has nothing to do on a Saturday morning? Well, Hannah and I were supposed to be meeting my mom to go shopping for Hannah's birthday......but because of the weather we are now stuck at home at least for a few more hours!

Why is this noteworthy? Well this is the THIRD time we have tried to make this shopping trip. Time #1 my father's dialysis machine broke down and my mom had to go pick him up, time #2 Grant had a basketball game that I forgot about and now #3 the weather is conspiring against us! It is so hard to find a time we could go out, since my mom refuses to leave my dad at home alone, the only real time she wants to go is on Saturdays from 9 AM to noon.....

Hopefully the traffic on the expressway will start moving and we will get to go! Hannah is eager to spend her grandmother's money (my mom tends to express love in $$ rather then spending time with her grandkids) and I was kind of hoping that mom might take pity on me and buy me a couple of treats too!

3 comments:

hestiahomeschool said...

Give Hannah a big hug for me on her birthday today--I can't believe Mandy is eighteen! I also figured out something else that might be making you sick at our house---all the dog beds are goosedown, which wasn't always the case...so...anyway, we missed you yesterday but it was a madhouse.

WE HAVE A HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!! Her name is Dakota Gold and she is a Curly mare!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why we missed the Valentines Day party--we went out to look at her and decided she was the mare for us (I had not RSVPed for it)....she is so cute and fat and curly. Tabby cannot wait to take Emily out with us to see her.

I cannot believe we finally have a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Riesenberg said...

Patty,

I'm not on the gardenweb site!

If you have any questions about hs or unschooling, shoot them my way, I would be happy to answer them or point you in the right directions. I don't remember how old your oldest is (heck I can barely remember my own kids names somedays!).

Laura

Laura Riesenberg said...

Kas,

Congrats on the horse, I am sure Emily will love to see her! Are you boarding her at the stable the girls vault at? Wasn't there another horse named Dakota in your horse album? Maybe I am just thinking that Dakota is a cool horse name so I must have heard it before.....

Do you realize that you didn't invite us Sunday? ROFL! And you were probably thinking I was rude for not saying we wouldn't be there. The last time you mentioned Mandy's birthday to me, you were thinking about a riverboat cruise! We wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, the girls had their annual team showcase (always seems to fall around the girls birhtdays) and Sophie was sick! Is there ever a party at your house that isn't a madhouse??

I am thinking bird feathers (either from the pigeon or the beds) or the cheap candles (I realize now that I sneeze when I walk down that aisle at the store!).

Laura