Sunday, March 19, 2006

The bear

Cade brought the class bear home from Sunday School today. They are supposed to keep the bear with them for a week and "teach" him things that are important. So I asked Cade what he plans to teach the bear...

Cade: Not to bite and not to fight.

Me: Is there anything else you are going to teach him?"

Cade pauses and thinks for about 30 seconds and replies: "Screw the rest of it"

I burst our laughing. Brett burst out laughing. Hannah burst out laughing. Jay didn't find it as funny as we did! Proof in the moment of just how much of everything a child absorbs!

Bear is now sleeping! Cade plans to teach him a computer game once I get off line so he can play. I can't wait to see what he has to write down at the end of the week about Bear's adventures in the Riesenberg house.

2 comments:

hestiahomeschool said...

It's a good thing I had the bladder repair. :-) I would have wet myself laughing when I read his comment. What a wise little man!

Redneck Infidel said...

Hilarious. That kid WILL be a comedian someday!

Matt Malott