Friday, March 10, 2006

Inspirational!

My friend Amber, that helps oversee the junior greenthumb program for the annual Cincinnati Flower Show, called me this morning. She wanted to let me know about some upcoming dates for picking up planters and planting flowers and also had an interesting tidbit to share with me.

Last night she went to this HUGE unveiling event for the flower show, where they release the promotional artwork/poster for the show. She said that this french artist did the work and that it was gorgeous. One of the guests asked him where he got the inspiration for the piece from and he responded that last year when he was walking through the flower show that there was this grill planted with vegetables called "Cheeseburger in progress".....HOLY CRAP...that was GRANT'S CONTAINER! An artist was inspired by something that my 8 year old son dreamed up and planted. The shocking thing was that until Amber told him, he had NO IDEA that the container he found so inspiring was planted by an 8 year old boy!

Of course, I find inspiration in my children each and every day, but to know they inspired someone else, well that is pretty amazing!

I can't wait to see the poster!

No comments: