Wednesday, April 09, 2008



Happy 8th Birthday Cade!

Cade's wish for his birthday? Lunch at the Chinese Buffet and a new bike! Easy enough to make his wish come true. Lunch was delicious and he looks so "cool" riding his new bike.

It is hard to believe that has only been 8 years since the longest 8 1/2 minutes of my life. Labor with Cade went relatively smoothly until I pushed his round little head out and his shoulders got stuck! He spent 8 1/2 minutes trapped, without oxygen. Finally the OB, who was sobbing by that point, reached in and broke his left arm to free him. She thought he was dead. I guess, technically, maybe he was. They has to reccesitate him. His apgar scores were worse than Brett's, who was born over 10 weeks early! I can't even bring myself to imagine how my life would have been had things turned out differently that cold April night. I can't dwell on it, I prefer to remember all the wonderful times we have had during the last 8 years.

Here is a little 411 on Cade:

Middle name: Zavier (a variation on Xavier, his father and grandfather's alma mater)

Favorite sport: baseball

Favorite tv show: Family Guy

Favorite professional sports player: David Ortiz

Favorite number: 2

Favorite color: blue

Favorite food: steak

Someplace he wants to go on vacation: Boston

Favorite time of the year: Christmas

No comments: