Thursday, November 30, 2006

Even more upset with my stupid brother

I went to pick my father up today from dialysis. The man that met me, was not the same man I left last Thursday after Thanksgiving dinner (I didn't pick dad up Tuesday as I had the stomach flu and didn't want to risk exposing him). He was hunched over a WALKER (the man NEVER uses a walker) barely able to make it the few steps from the scale to the waiting room. I managed to get him into the van (always a monsterous task) and he complained how bad he hurt and yelled each time I hit a bump in the road. As we sat in the drivethru line waiting for his lunch (he always wants something after dialysis, like a small child who expects a treat for being good...lol!) he sat tense, his eyes closed, you could just read the pain in his body. When we got to the house, he could barely get in from the van. He collapsed immediately in the chair in the family room (he usually eats at the table with me) and barely ate half of the sandwich we had just picked up. He looks ghostly, I think he has probably lost 10 lbs in the last week or so.....

OK, to the title...I BLAME MY BROTHER FOR THIS SUDDEN DECLINE....yes, I hold him responsible....the dumb ass couldn't make it for thanksgiving, he said he had to work, and maybe he did.....but since when between the time you get your ass out of bed and your put your ass back in it can you not find 5 minutes to pick up the phone and call and wish your father a happy thanksgiving....believe me, that is all it would have taken! Short of me finding a cure for this damn cancer that is killing him , a phone call from my jerk of a brother would do more than anything else I can do. Doesn't matter how many times I see him a week, or how often I bring the kids to visit, a PHONE CALL is all it takes......

He is fading fast.....I hope that something stops this decline.....

Mom is waiting on results of tests they did this week to see if the cancer is spreading...I am not sure it really matters....his spirit is dead and the only person capable of reviving it doesn't seem to give a crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who in this day and age still has 8 kids??? Are you crazy, rich, or on welfare?