Monday, June 27, 2005

Blame it on our forefathers

During our trip to Chicago I came to the following conclusion: It is our forefathers fault that there are 15 Jacobs running around at every baseball game and 26 Emilys at ever dance competition.

Now how did I come to this conclusion? Well, because of the COMPLETE LACK of creativity involved in naming cities. Had our forefathers been more creative, then we as parents would have felt inspired to look beyond Jennifer and Jason.

My foggy brain remembers the following cities close to my hometown that we passed on our journey Roselawn (IN), Lebanon (IN), Aurora (IL), Batavia (IL), Frankfort (IN), Dayton (IN).

The funniest thing was as we pulled off of I-88 to go to the dance competition and saw the sign pointing towards Batavia. Hannah comments "We just drove 7 hours to end up 5 miles from our starting point" (Batavia OH is only minutes from Eastgate where our journey began).

No comments: