Saturday, December 23, 2006

It appears that my father's battle with cancer is coming to a close. We are meeting with hospice in the morning (we were supposed to meet with them today but they were so backlogged the earliest they can get to us is sometime tomorrow morning) to make arrangements to keep him comfortable in his final hours. Apparently he had a brain bleed yesterday and it is pretty much the icing on the cake. According to both his kidney and cancer doctors, given that he was not dialysised today, things should progress rather quickly. The kidney doctor (while my mother was out of the room) told me that he felt given dad's lack of urine output and his current state, he would give him 3 days, and that he should slip into a coma rather quickly and die peacefully. My mother thinks dad will make it another week or so.

If you are the praying kind, please pray for my father, David H that he die peacefully and that he be welcomed home by our Heavenly Father. Pray for my mother, Wanda H, as he has been her world for the past 45 years and he is the ONLY thing that has kept her connected to me and my children. Pray for my children, as they deal with losing another grandparent, only 4 months after losing their Grandma Riesenberg.

No comments: