Monday, November 08, 2004

Brett turns 14!

It is hard to believe that my baby is 14 years old already. It seems like only yesterday my first child. We were a little shocked when our firstborn decided to make his appearance 10 weeks early, but were surprisingly fortunate that he had as few complications as he did! I went into labor with him shortly before midnight on November 7, 1990 and when we got to the hospital at 3 AM (it took me that long to get Jay out of bed, stop at the ATM for money, stop and get gas and FINALLY get to the hospital) they weren't able to stop labor. At 7:35 PM on November 8, 1990, Brett made his appearance, bruised, limp and not breathing. It had never occurred to me until that moment that things could go so horrible wrong.

This year we celebrated with a turkey dinner, complete with mashed pototoes, green beans, corn, gravy and rolls! We had cake for dessert! Unfortunately I had the worst headache and I didn't get to have cake or join the family in singing "happy birthday" to Brett. It made me sad to miss the "finale" to his birthday, but I felt miserable!

No comments: