Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Jay went out to vote first thing this morning, he was in line before the polling place even opened. He waited about 30 minutes. When I got there at 11:15 AM, it was packed! I had to wait about 45 minutes to vote. I can't complain too much though. Our polling place houses 2 seperate precincts and the other precinct had a 2 1/2 hour wait. I couldn't believe the turn out!

I made the mistake of taking Will with me without anyone to help me out. The girls decided that they wanted to go to a movie with their friends (who were off school today for an inservice, I assume because all the schools in that district serve as polling places). Of course, as usual, he was fine as long as he had a boob in his mouth, but when I decided to unlatch him so I could color in the stupid little ovals on the ballot, he started screaming. Luckily a mom I knew through a local homeschooling group happened to have just finished voting and I asked her to hold him for 5 minutes while I filled in the circles. I had done all my research ahead of time so I knew who I was voting for and where I stood on each issue.

Quite a few people got a kick out of Will's shirt!

1 comment:

hestiahomeschool said...

I like his shirt, too, but what I really loved was the picture of him in the pumpkin with his little feet sticking out! That was too cute!