Sunday, October 31, 2004

Trick or Treating, twice the fun!

On Saturday, when Brett and Hannah were at the teen party, we decided to go out to our friend's (Cathy and Curt Alldred) house in Batavia and go trick or treating. It was so nice of the Alldred's to invite us over and the weather was perfect.

Emily wore her pioneer costume (although a couple people thought she was Amish), Grant was a nerd (complete with a hat with a spinner on top), Jacob was a slice of pizza, Cade a crocodile and Sophie an elephant. Will didn't wear his costume but we put him in a cute halloween turtleneck and he hung out in his Baby Bjorn.

The subdivision the Alldred's live in is HUGE, I don't doubt that we probably walked 4 miles. There were even two haunted houses set up that the kids loved going through. It was really nice, since the time hadn't changed yet, that we got to trick or treat for the first hour in the daylight. Cade is immensely afraid of being outside in the dark and as I predicted, he said he was done as soon as the sun went down. There are days that I am sure that those 8 minutes that kid spent without oxygen during labor warped him! Sophie was so cute. She would go up and say "trick or treat" (which sounded more like "twik or tweet") and then she would say "thank you" (which sounded like "dank u") without anyone having to remind her! This one woman got such a kick out of her that she kept dropping candy into her basket just to hear her say "thank you"! She must have given her 6 pieces of candy!

At one point when we were trick or treating I asked Cade to give me his pumpkin with candy in it because it was full to the top. I told him I would put the candy in a pillowcase for him. He absolutely REFUSED to let me carry the pillow case with his candy in it, he insisted on carrying it himself and it was so heavy! As darkness fell, Cathy and I went back to her house with the little ones and Curt took Emily and the older boys out to hit more of the subdivision.

Today was trick or treating in our subdivision. We spent the early afternoon having dinner with my mom and dad and then everyone got ready to trick or treat. Cade only went to a couple houses, he hated the dark, so I was so glad I had taken him out the night before so he could enjoy the fun! Hannah invited 3 friends to come trick or treat with her and they went off with Emily and Grant, so Jacob and I walked together. He was so sweet when we were walking he hugged me and said "thank you for making my costume". Bret, dressed up as a farmer and ended up staying home and passing out candy and kept Will (the cow) with him.

I was suprised by how many houses in our subdivision didn't have their lights on to hand out candy. It used to be when we first moved here, every house was light up. Tonight, I would say almost half the houses were dark! Despite the lack of participating houses, the kids brought home quite a haul! It is candy heaven in the Riesenberg house!

Check out some pictures.... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrsmomof6/album?.dir=9c19

1 comment:

Editor said...

Hey there, great blog. I really would like to see more about a topic like ebook reprint right . I also have an informative blog about ebook reprint right Check it out if you have some time. See ya'