Sunday, October 24, 2004

Dancing......

As part of the requirements for doing a solo, the dancers at our studio are required to have their routines critiqued by a master teacher. Sunday at 12:30 PM was Hannah's first critic session.

Miss Becky's fist comment to Hannah was "this certainly isn't the little girl dances I have seen the last couple of years." Both Hannah and I figured that was a huge compliment. She seemed to really like the routine, of course she kept telling Hannah to work on technique and to watch her thumbs (Hannah has a tendency to point her thumbs up...think the Fonz from Happy Days minus the fist....instead of keeping them tucked in).

It was the first time I had seen the whole routine, beginning to end, with music. I really like it. Of course I am probably prejudice, after all it is my child up there dancing! I can't wait until Feb. to see how well it scores in front of the judges!

No comments: