Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Girl Scout meeting
Tuesday, October 12 10:30 AM -noon
Mio's Pizza in Milford

Laura wrote: Join us for FUN and PIZZA MAKING on Tuesday, October 12 at 10:30 AM at Mio's Pizza in Milford (directions below). The cost of pizza making is $3 per girl and I figure most will want a soft drink and we need to leave a tip, so please have your daughter bring $5 with her. Siblings are welcome (but remember we are touring a kitchen and stoves are HOT)but will need to pay if they want to make pizzas. I do need a count to give the manager, so let me know if you will have siblings with you.

Directions: Take I-275 to exit #59 A (Milford Parkway).....turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp and follow to the first traffic light. Turn right at the first light (Target will be on your left and the strip mall the Mios is in on your right)...turn right into the strip mall's parking lot. Mios is at the far end.

What great fun we had touring Mio's and making our own pizzas. I think the girls were really impressed with what goes into food preparation and also with how clean the restaraunt was. Owner Bob Ballinger gave us a tour of the kitchen, seating area, dishwashing area and walk in freezer. Each girl made her own pizza and then ate it for lunch! I took tons of pictures for the girls to use next week when we do our scrapbooking class at Archivers.

Unfortunately, Emily started puking right after we left the restaraunt so we probably exposed everyone to a stomach bug. I have no idea where she could have picked it up! When I got home, I found out Cade, Jacob and Grant had all started puking right after I left for the tour. Oh, how I HATE puking kids!

No comments: