Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday, November 15, 2010 7:34 AM, CST

I placed my first NG tube! It was really VERY EASY (ok, I was a little nervous, but it was EASY!) and I am confident that I can do it! The amazing thing that was since they inserted the tube last Sunday after her surgery, she has had a 6 cm difference in the depth it needs to be inserted which means she is GROWING, aparrently like a little wildflower!

We watched the CPR video, so another discharge requirement checked off our list!

Tori took 21 ml and 40 ml for the two feeds we were at the hospital for yesterday. Jay fed her both times, focusing on making sure she didn't brady over her volume. We can't seem to win....they want her to take everything by mouth, but if she bradys she can't come home for 5 days. If we feed her conservatively, they aren't happy, if we feed her agressively and she bradys, they aren't happy. Hopefully they will agree to send her home with the NG tube.

No comments: