Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday, November 20, 2010 7:05 AM, EST

I spent most of the day with Tori yesterday. When speech therapy fed her at noon she had a brady episode, so she reset her clock once again, 5 more days at least until we can bring her home. Apparently this isn't only frustrating me at this point, but her therapists and doctors as well. They are sending her for a swallow study on Monday (or Tuesday if radiology is booked Monday) to see if there is some reason that she keeps having these episodes while she eats. The study might show a problem or it might not, it depends on if she has an episode during the test or not, and even if she has an episode, it still might not show anything. Prayers would be appreciated, that if there is an issue, that the test will show what is going on.

I think I like her new doctor. Although I have to laugh about something he does. Each time he talks with me he touches my arm. It reminds me of an episode of the show "The Secret Life of the American Teen" (ok, yes, I admit I watch it) where one of the main characters, Grace, has returned from a summer camp for kids that want to be doctors and she has been taught to "connect" with patients by touching them. At least he seems to value my opinion and my concerns and he doesn't say "I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH...." (man am I sick of hearing that)......during every conversation!

Tori stayed awake from 2:30 PM and was still awake at 6:30 PM when I left the hospital. After being sleepy most of the week, she seems to now like being awake! It was great to be able to interact with her for such a long time!

No comments: