Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:10 PM, EST

Tori blew the 5th IV in 7 days....so they have decided to discontinue her IV antibiotics! I am THRILLED she isn't being stuck again, but worried that she might still need the antibiotics. Hopefully the doctors know what they are doing.

She is still getting antibiotic eye drops 3x a day through at least Sunday (possibly longer) and is on the nose drops 4x a day (until the stints are removed).

Slow goes the eating. She only took one full feed today by mouth, the other times she took less than 1/2 of what she needs to take. I just wish she would get the hang of it all so that we can get her home.

Since her surgery and them cutting the calories on her milk fortification, she hasn't gained much weight this week, not really a bad thing, since they really put weight on her over the past 2 weeks.

I have started to get used to the idea that she might be coming home sometime soon and Sophia and I put some of her things in her drawers today. We have some small clothes for her, many of which I have taken to the hospital so that they can dress her everyday, but I realized today that we really have next to nothing in 3-6 month or 6-9 month size for her for the coming months. Since we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl I didn't really do much shopping before she was born and haven't had much time or any money since she got her. Sophia can't wait to get her home and start "dressing" her, she keeps asking if she can pick out her outfits every day. I think she sees Tori as her very own live baby doll! I pulled out the carseat and washed the cover and the pack and play is out but not set up. I just can't handle seeing it set up and not having her here to put in it. I don't think I will set it up until she is actually home, it will only take a few minutes and it will be easier on me emotionally, far easier than looking at an empty bed. I have a hard enough time with tripping over the carseat!

No comments: