Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:31 AM, EST

Tori's video swallow test is at 8:30 AM this morning. Both speech and OT will be going with her to the test. Hopefully we will get the results later today.

They actually said the words "go home" during my visit yesterday. I won't believe it until we are walking out of the hospital, but it appears there is an end in sight. Of course things depend on the results of the video swallow study and her not having any brady episodes, but they are ordering home supplies for us and making follow up appointments for us!

I placed my 2nd NG tube yesterday during my visit! Mostly thanks to my own stupidity, I caught her tube on the side of the tube when I was getting her out of the bath and then when I laid her down, she started sneezing and the tube came out even further, so we pulled it and placed a new one. Thanks to some tips from her nurse, the placement went even more smoothly than the last time, she taught me to bundle her arms with a blanket and to have her suck on a pacifer while placing the tube!

I skipped the weekly parent meeting last night, mainly because it was a topic we have already attended two times, guess that says we have been there TOO LONG!

No comments: