Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:56 AM, EDT

My friend Nancy came and took me to see Tori yesterday! She brought her camera and got some great shots of Tori, I will share them once she gets them to me.....of course I might not show the ones of me with her, I hate having my picture taken! We stopped and had lunch at PF Chang's on the way (I had a coupon for a free lunch and just ordered water to drink, Nancy picked up the tip so I ate for FREE!)! It was my first meal out in months, since Jay and I went out for our anniversary using a gift card someone gave us back in July. It felt nice to just sit and have lunch with a friend. She was so funny though, when we got to see Tori, I realize that tiny babies scare her! She is great at taking pictures of them, she just doesn't want to touch them!

I am overwhelmed with the generosity of our church and a family at our church. Yesterday after I posted about the van breaking down and not being able to see Tori because of it, the phone rang and we received an offer to help fix the van. I just sat and cried. I can't believe that people are so willing to go out of their way for people they don't even know. I hate being the person that needs help, it is so against my nature to the person looking for help, but this has all shown me that God is watching over me. Jay took the van over this morning, hopefully the exhaust issue is fixable! We had another family offer us use of a car for the weekend if the van is still not drivable. Like I said, I feel nothing but blessed right now!

The only real changes with Tori is that they are increased the number of calories she is taking in. She is being fed over 1 hr now instead of over 2 hrs, getting closer to being able to try to feed her by mouth and she hasn't spit up since Jay and I visited with her on Wednesday! They also removed her PICC line, her arm seems a little tender, but she seems to like her new added mobility of being able to move it a bit more!

No comments: