Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday, October 10, 2010 12:46 PM, EDT

Tori did well overnight! They have continued to up her feeds and if things go well by Monday morning, she will be completely off the lipids and only receiving breastmilk! It makes me so happy to even consider that it will be only MY MILK that makes my baby grow and heal from then on out! We have come a long way in a very short time.

Once she is only on breastmilk, they will stop the continuous feeds and go to something called a consolidated feed, where instead of the milk being dripped in continuously, they will feed it to her more quickly (instead on one ounce over 3 hours, they will feed her one ounce over 2 hours, then 1 hour, then 30 minutes--this is if I understand what they have told me correctly, sometimes I get the details out of wack!). After she shows that she can tolerate the consolidated feeds, they will start working on getting her to eat by mouth (she will be offered her feeding and what she can't suck from the bottle will then be fed to her through her ng tube).

She pooped a few times yesterday, again, we are so excited! The poop is dark green, like meconium would be, but much more of a liquid, nothing like the breastfed baby poops I have been used to with the other kids!

We visited with her for about 4 hrs yesterday and then I suddenly felt like a truck ran me over, my stomach was killing me, I was in pain......Jay brought me home and I slept off and on until morning.....maybe I am trying to do too much, but it feels so right to sit with her and hold her.

We plan to head down later this afternoon to spend some time with her! Hopefully we will miss all the Bengals traffic heading into town for the game and the Reds traffic later tonight!

No comments: