Saturday, October 09, 2010

Saturday, October 9, 2010 7:43 AM, EDT

It's a 3-peat.....or a 3-poop!

I have never been SO OBSESSED with peeing (me) or pooping (Tori). Yesterday was the day I went back to see if my bladder was going to work. I was so scared, could feel a panic attack building as I waiting for the appointment and as they filled my bladder with 150 ml of saline and then ordered me to pee! Talk about PRESSURE.....fill that bladder up and be told to pee with people standing there waiting on you! There were a few minutes there when I thought I wasn't going to be able to void, I started to cry and turned on the water in the sink to drown out my sobs....and lo and behold, the sound of running water.....well, the pee FLOWED! I have NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY to see PEE in my life! The doctor still freaked me out, talked about how sometimes it works the first time but then not after that and about teaching me to self-cath.....believe me I flooded my body with fluids and was trying to pee again as soon as we got to Children's.....so far so good! I am trying to void every few hours because I am freaked out about stressing out my bladder! She also tested me for anemia, saying I am extremely pale, but honestly I am the same color I always am, some of us just can't help that our natural color is ghost white!

Tori had a AMAZING day....they have agressively upped her feeds and she POOPED not once, not twice but THREE TIMES between 4 PM and 9 PM last night! Her first poop without the help of a suppository! 2 weeks ago you would have never been able to convince me that wiping green sticky poop off a baby's butt would have made me so happy! She does seem to be having a lot of food left in her stomach every time they check, but the didn't seem overly concerned. Her belly is still nice and soft and she doesn't seem to be in any pain! Jay and I spent about 5 hours with her and Hannah came and sat with her too for awhile. My mom sat with her while we were at my appointment at Good Sam.

Her weight went up, She is just over 5 lbs now! Hopefully the gaining weight and pooping with be her new pattern!

Waiting a bit and will call for her overnight update!

No comments: